Thursday, November 5, 2009

First FTX

01 nov 09

Hi Again

So some big stuff has happened over the last few days. Friday we had a big obstacle course, which was fun. The rope climb really sucked though, it wasn't something I was exactly prepared for. It was tough, but I got up it. Saturday we had the big news. We finally got into White Phase, which is a big deal. A lot more freedom and a lot more responsibility. We march ourselves places now, including services, but we really have to be good because it doesn't take much to get it all taken away. As of now, I am no longer a squad leader, but it should only be temporary. Our DS decided it would be a brilliant idea to put the 6 worse people in the platoon in charge of everything. So far it's been interesting. I personally do know that I have some stuff to work on, and when I get my job back, I'll do better.

Tomorrow we have our first FTX (field training exercise), which is land navigation. Basically, they're putting us into groups of 5, with a map, protractor and compass. Then sticking us in the woods and telling us to find our way to certain points. I'm in the "high speed" group, which is racing other platoons for a streamer! Other than that, I'm doing well. Only 6.5 more weeks to go! Thanks to everyone who has been writing, is really nice. To those who said they were going to write and haven't.....get on it! Until next time,

~Corey

1 comment:

  1. Yo man not sure where i'm supposed to write but hopefully here works. Sounds like the past month has been a hell of a change in life style for you. You should be getting pretty jacked tho which is always tight. But im glad to see ur surviving. I'm sure bertuccis is missing their two best men / not at all...keep in touch
    -R.B

    ReplyDelete