Monday, November 30, 2009

Agony

Hi Everyone -

Sorry it's been so long since I've written. I've been either too tired or too busy all week. The biggest things we've done were close-combat practice, night fire, grenades and the 10k march. Close combat is really cool, we used M4's which are a smaller, lighter rifle (It's what I'll have when I'm deployed) with the M68 CCO (close combat optics). For those who play "Call of Duty 4" the M68 is the "Red-Dot Sight." It simply replaces the iron sight with a red laser dot, making close fire easy. The night fire course was with night vision and laser sights, really cool stuff, but as usual it was freezing, taking away from some of the fun. Grenades were alright, a really long day for 2 big bangs. I qualified expert but it was nothing special. Then we had the 10k march. It SUCKED. We went up the hill named "Agony." Ask Mom, I'm sure she knows all about it.

Other than that things are decent, a little rough but it's almost blue phase so it should be better soon. It's shower and bed time, so 'night all.

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment